CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The newspaper that I have selected for my blog is CBC News.
Which aspects of your paper would you highlight?
The aspects of my paper that I would highlight would definitely be those of which I consider most important-the main page, which contains the lead stories and "breaking news", as well as the opinion page, also labelled as "Your Voice". I believe that readers enjoy having their opinions published in the online newspaper (or any newspaper, for that matter), as it makes them feel as though what they say does, in fact, matter.
Which aspects of your paper would you leave out of the advertisement campaign?
The aspects of my paper that I would leave out of the advertisement campaign would be those of lesser importance (i.e. weather) The weather, of course, is an important page; however, I do not believe that it would be necessary to advertise the weather during the campaign.
What demographic would you target-any one in particular, or would you try to appeal to a broad audience?
Instead of focusing on one particular group of individuals, I believe that I would try to appeal to a broad audience. I would attempt to create an interesting campaign in which a wide variety of readers would become drawn to.
How would you advertise your paper?
I would advertise my paper extremely well. I would converse with the creators of various webpages and ask permission to create a link on their page. I would also create colorful flyers and post them around town (in stores, activity centres, etc.), ensuring that they caught people's attention. Besides this, I would also attempt to advertise our paper on television, which could potentially draw a lot of attention to our paper.
What goals would you set for yourself as an advertiser?
I would set many goals for myself as an advertiser. Most importantly would be to determine the amount of new readers that I could recruit in order to label my campaign a "success". I would estimate that anywhere between 500 and 1500 new readers would definitely aid in making a campaign successful.

0 comments: